Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 19

Well, it has been an eventful week.  Not really!

I consider myself to be healed...just tired.  I have had to take a couple of the 'discomfort' pills this week.  I have discovered that sitting at church is a bit more than just uncomfortable, but less than painful.  The seats do not have a high enough back to support my back and shoulders, so sitting there more than a few minutes is uncomfortable.

I managed to go both up and down a flight of stairs unassisted this week.  It wasn't by design or choice...I just did it without thinking.  Afterwards..I thought about it and decided it probably wasn't the smartest thing I ever did, considering I was at home alone, but it is over with and done so I am no longer afraid of it.

My precious Grand daughter (age 3) has finally gotten over the sight of the brace and will talk to me and look at me!  I got to spend the whole day with her yesterday, so we had a moment to talk.  I even took the brace off so she could see my boo boo, and then put it back on.  SHe touched the brace and declared that the padding on it is 'soft' so it became OK.

She actually decided she likes me to wear it.  She is a little stinker when it comes to playing Hide and Seek.  She doesn't understand the rules to the game yet, so we play a version that she makes up the rules for!  She discovered that if she stands really close to me I can't see her.  Then she runs to bas and yells "I WON!!!"  When I told her that was not fair, she giggled!

If I could just drive, I think I would get over my boredom quicker.  Of course, having to depend on someone else to load and unload the dishwasher is really old!  I am used to getting up in the morning with clean dishes in the dishwasher...or at least with it being ready to turn on!  Now I get up with it....well, you never know!

Bending down is still difficult.  I'm not sure it is the brace or the healing that makes it a problem.  Vacuuming and sweeping is still impossible.  Part of that is stamina issues.  Watching tv in an upright position is still next to impossible.  So hard to find a position that supports by shoulders and back without lulling me to sleep!

I have managed to get to the studio and sew a bit, but unfortunately, I am still having some issues with stamina.  So watching the embroidery machine go back and forth and back and forth...makes for a very sleepy girl!  I can't get as much done as I would like!

Over all I will say this surgery has been a resounding success.


Nini

No comments:

Post a Comment